I’m programming a remake of the classic Street Rod games, called Street Rod Online.
- I’m a huge fan of the original Street Rod series and would like to play these games with extended functionallity (extra cars and parts).
- I want to learn CSS3 and more modern webtechnology (eg. HTML5, WebSockets).
- Recreate an exact replica of Street Rod 1. (DOS version)
- Extend functionallity (upgrade graphics, integrate Street Rod 2, add extra cars and parts, etc.)
I’ve started 2 weeks ago and made some progress. At current the game contains:
- Navigation from and to newspaper and garage.
- Buy car from newspaper.
- Car is visible in garage.
- Tires can be changed.
- Roof and bumpers can be stripped/restored.